Monday, July 20, 2009

Rob's Birthday

Yesterday was Rob's birthday and he wanted to keep it low key. Since he was the birthday boy that is exactly what we did. Rob asked for no presents but Evan insisted so Rob asked Evan for a red matchbox car. I took Evan to the store and he picked out a red matchbox car but decided that Dad needed 3 presents so he also picked Rolos and a Kit Kat. It may not be much but it is what Evan insisted Rob would want for his birthday! Evan hid the gifts around the house and Rob searched for them.
While Rob was searching for one of his presents, Lily started opening another one!Rob's Loot! So cute that this is what Evan assumed Rob would LOVE to have for his birthday!
After church we drove up American Fork canyon, which we voted is the narrowest and windiest canyon, and hiked Cascade Springs. It was beautiful. We also enjoyed a picnic with some really large ants. They aren't kidding that ants come to picnics. After our hike we decided to take the backway down and headed through Heber and then down Provo Canyon. It was a gorgeous drive and made us thankful to live in such a beautiful state. Evan hiked the whole way with his "walking stick". He told us that he needed it so he could "climb the big mountain".Nothing sweeter than a dad and his daughter.Best picture we could get of the three of them! At least we tried. For our picnic I think the kids only ate BBQ chips, but Rob and I enjoyed the pinwheel sandwiches I made.
For dinner we of course had Rob's favorite, RIBS, and his favorite chocolate bundt cake (yes, that is it on Rob's teeth).Evan tried to beat that picture with chocolate fangs and a milk mustache.We relaxed and enjoyed the day. My parents' stopped by to wish Rob Happy Birthday and it was nice chatting with them. My dad had brought some digital pictures that he had converted from slides. A lot of them were of me when I was a child. Rob decided that our chubby kids definitely get it from me! It was a great day and a nice birthday for Rob.

6 comments:

the watkins said...

Happy Late Birthday Rob!

Sounds like a nice, quiet birthday!

(Alli Jagoda) said...

Happy Birthday Rob! Your new business looks great. It makes me wish I had really messed up teeth so I could get to go there!

Nic said...

I got caught up on your blog tonight and cried . . . we will miss you guys so much. You are right. . . it's amazing we've only knows you for 4 or 5 months. Seems like years!!

Phillips Flips said...

Roberto, Sorry we missed your birthday. It looks like it was a good one. Tracy and I send our best wishes. The office looks great. I hope to check it out next time we make it to UT. BTW, we are getting settled in out here, so whenever you are ready to visit, just let us know.

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Rob!! Oh, and your new digs look awesome!!

Alisa said...

Happy Birthday, Rob! At first I thought you were wearing those Billy Bob teeth. Funny! Now I'm hungry for cake.